Innovative Solutions for Offshore Exploration and Production
- Environmental Assessments
programs and Impact studies
- Metocean design criteria
meeting ISO 19901
ASL provides a full range of metocean consulting services, from project design and planning, through instrument and equipment deployment and recovery, to data analysis and scientific interpretation.
Consulting services include ice studies, flow measurement, numerical modeling, wave measurement and analysis, hyperspectral remote sensing, and sediment transport.
ASL has participated in numerous environmental studies and impact assessments, often as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Offshore Exploration and Production projects
ASL has carried out over 900 projects in the last 30 plus years, often under
demanding environmental conditions in the Arctic, Atlantic and Pacific
Extensive experience in the Beaufort, Chukchi, Caspian, Greenland and Pechora Seas and Eastern Canada and Sakhalin areas.
Deep/Ultradeep (for pipelines, subsea production, risers, & floating platforms)
- Near surface
- Near bottom
Deepwater experience in the Atlantic Ocean, & the Mediterranean & Beaufort Seas
Complex Environments (near-shore)
- Waves (numerical modeling)
- WERA – shore-based HF radar for currents and waves
- Bathymetry – Remote Sensing
has conducted many environmental assessment programs and impact
studies. Collection, analysis and interpretation
of physical oceanographic, meteorological and geo-environmental
data is made and a historical review of past data conducted.
acquires and custom-prepare all required
instrumentation, along with ancillary equipment. We also assume
responsibility for deployment-planning in support of field-operations, and for providing support services
for the preparation of the oceanographic equipment used.
- An upward-looking sonar device, mounted on the ocean floor to accurately measure ice draft
- Estimate ice forces, production rates, and mass balances with these accurate measurements of ice thickness
- Ocean wave monitoring capability
- Collects wave data in coastal shelf regions from depths up to 225m
- Operates in severe weather conditions and in marginal ice-zones
- No exposure to vandalism or heavy vessel traffic
IRIS™ (Image Recorder for Imagenex Sonar)
- Data logger compatible with Imagenex Model 881A Sonar and Software
- Very low power consumption - allows extended deployment of 3-4 months with its standard alkaline battery pack
- Up to 2 Gigabyte data storage on Compact flash
|Locations of marine moored
Ice Profiler™ deployments in the Northern Hemisphere from 1996 to the present.
Leasing of Oceanographic, Flow Measurement and Meteorological Equipment
- ASL provides an extensive lease pool of oceanographic equipment
- All equipment is bench tested prior to shipment
- Discounts are available on long-term rentals, and ASL can provide mooring frames and stands for many of the items to be leased